· Responsible for working with the different application development teams to develop the engineering design to support the business and operational requirements in one or more of the following areas: Network Infrastructure, operating system environments, or enterprise storage and backup.
· Responsible for supporting the engineering design to meet the business and operational objectives for business continuity solutions.
· Responsible for implementing and overseeing monitoring solutions that ensure we are exceeding our SLA obligations.
· Responsible for incident management and facilitating escalation and troubleshooting.
· Analyzes system and/or network performance, suggesting modifications to improve throughput and effectively utilize resources. Monitor resource usage, making required adjustments.
· With administrative direction and assistance from management, leads the evaluation and selection of tools. Sets up product demos, and objectively evaluates tools. Coordinates the collection of feedback from other evaluators. Summarizes the input, makes cost conscience tool recommendations. May be responsible for the effective deployment of tools in the group. Sets up training classes and may function as a tool administrator, working with the vendor, internally coordinating product upgrades and fixes. Oversees or performs the installation and testing of upgrades working with the systems and applications teams.
· Participates in on-call Tier 3 production support activities. Is expected to have the technical knowledge and capability to handle most problems that may arise. Proactively puts procedures in place to prevent and reduce the severity of outages.
· Responsible for developing the organization by mentoring junior engineers and developing “how to” guides under the direction of the manager.
· Coordinates activities with vendors as required.
· Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
This position will require on-call rotation and after hours support.
The duties and responsibilities described above are the essential functions of the job. The qualifications below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Bachelor degree in discipline related to functional work or role with 2-4 years of relevant work experience OR demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements through a comparable number of years of applicable work experience.
· Able to apply broad work experience and knowledge when analyzing complex problems. Must be able consistently identify critical elements, variables and alternatives to develop solutions. Must be able to organize/prioritize existing resources and incorporate new information, as needed, to implement the most effective solutions. Able to communicate clearly and courteously with those who need to know of decisions/actions/problems. Able to apply collaborative skills when resolving problems.
· Requires excellent communication skills with ability to state messages in a clear manner by using language that is easy for others to understand. Able to explain programs policies and procedures in language that is understood by others. .
· Must be able to modify communication style both formal and informal to match the appropriate level of the audience targeted. Requires strong understanding of the impact of a message on the organization or customer. Able to write with the clarity and precision necessary for the work being performed.
Required Technical Skills
· Experience with Windows Server management and configuration
· 3+ years experience with scripting languages and tools; e.g. Python, Ruby, PowerShell, VBS, or C#
· 3+ years experience with SQL queries and scripting
Desired Skills or Experience
· Print & mail or manufacturing environment experience is a plus.