Job Title: Front-End Web Designer/Developer
Location: Malden, MA
Contract Duration: Through 12/31/2018 with potential to extend long term
Interview mode – we really need a local candidate to expedite this process, anyone who can drive to the interview is ideal
We are looking for a Front-End Web Designer/Developer who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming. This developer works well as a member of a multi-disciplinary team communicating with Project Managers, Analysts, Back-End Developers, QA, and business users. Additionally, the Front-End Designer/Developer maintains awareness and skill in emerging trends and technologies bringing new ideas and possibilities to the project team.
- Work alongside Java and .NET development teams to produce rich client experiences and visually appealing and intuitive interfaces
- Use a combination of markup languages to write web pages that integrate with backend Java and .NET code
- Assist in the selection, implementation, and design of templates for a CSS framework.
- Develop functional and appealing web- and mobile-based applications based on web accessibility standards and usability
- Build for cross-browser, cross-platform, and cross-device compatibility
- Build fully responsive websites/applications
- Create quality mockups and prototypes on tight timelines
- Develop and maintain graphic standards and branding throughout the product’s interface
- Maintain a high awareness of industry trends and technologies with regards to front-end development.
- Promote usability best practices
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- 4-6 years of front end development experience
- 3+ years of Experience with Front-end frameworks like Bootstrap or Foundation
- Basic understanding of back-end programming architecture and technologies
- 1+ year of experience designing and developing responsive and mobile friendly web applications
- Hands-on experience with graphic design (Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Experience building standards/guides to maintain consistency in brand and design
- Experience with developing accessible interfaces for people with disabilities
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
- Ability to write high-performance, reusable code for UI components
- Master’s or bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or closely related field with relevant experience.