Title: Senior Network Systems and Administrator
Location: Fremont, CA
Salary Range: 75K-90K
Employment type: Full-time.
- Design and implementation of functional network infrastructure including, but not limited to, routers, switches, wireless access points and controllers.
- Maintenance on network security platforms and technology including VPN, content filtering, intrusion detection and firewalls.
- Assist with the design and implementation of wire area networks for resiliency and redundancy.
- Install, administer, and troubleshoot layer 2/3 switching including Cisco Nexus platforms, MPLS wide area technologies and Software Defined Wide Area Networks.
- Perform audits to ensure proper notifications, configuration, and network optimizations; provide security related remediation actions as issues arise.
- Ability to perform upgrades on Cisco UCS hardware in a highly redundant 24/7 operating environment.
- Provide technical support on the Cisco Unified Communications environment to include system upgrade and scoping major changes.
- Provide guidance and assistance for large scale voice projects to include scoping, interfacing with vendors, and execution of critical tasks.
- Mentor junior network and voice staff in technology and process.
- Requires Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field OR equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- Cisco CCNA and CCNA Datacenter required, experience equivalent to CCIE or CCNP preferred. CCNA Voice preferred.
- Requires knowledge of Microsoft Office including Visio.
Qualifications Knowledge of:
- Requires 4 years Bachelors degree in Computer science, Electrical Engineering.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Network design, configuration, and troubleshooting skills
- Cisco ASR 1006X, Nexus, 4501, 4331, 3850
- Cisco CUCM, UCCX, Expressway, Jabber
- Manage projects with strong ability to prioritize multiple tasks and respond to emergencies
- Take independent action within established options and develops new procedures and approaches to problems when necessary
- Analyze assignments based on a wide knowledge of many factors where application of advanced or technical concepts are required
- Maintain visual attention and mental concentration for extended periods of time
- Perform duties and make decisions under frequent time pressures