Role: Software Engineer/Data Architect
Type: Full Time
Location: South Plainfield, NJ 50% travel to client locations.
· Contribute in Business Intelligence, Designing Data Analytics and Enterprise Data warehouse environments.
· Design, document and implement the best practices in Data Modeling , Data Conversion, Data Profiling , Data mining , Data Governance , Meta Data Management.
· Complete development to implement complex components by designing Conceptual Models, Logical Models & Physical Models, and also Data warehousing Star Schema and Snowflake Schema Mythologies.
· Participate in JAD sessions (Joint application Design), Business requirement analysis with end users to produce UML/Object Models. And also participate in Code reviews and leads the business standards naming standards across the databases.
· Database system administrator activities, Design activities & solutions for relational databases (Oracle, SQl Server, Teradata etc…).
· Contribute in all the DB Build release management activities and multiple Database environments in synchronization as part of best practices maintenances.
· Actively partnered with all teams (Database management team, Software Development team, Data Architect team) and users to provide the best solution, in-time deliverables and resource estimates as a part of Agile methodology.
· Apply in-depth or broad technical knowledge to maintain one or more technology areas ( E.g. Data Model web services , Data Visualizations graphical Reports)
Conduct the meetings with In-house and On-site teams for the assigned tasks status and cost estimates reports
Nice to Have
- Data Relational & Dimensional modeling on the following platforms:
- Oracle, DB2, SQL Server, MS Access
- Knowledge of CA Erwin Data Modeler
- Knowledge of DataStage development techniques
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux platform and shell scripting
- Experience with Teradata or Oracle/Exadata database performance tuning
- Experience with ChangeMan MVS code versioning software
- Experience with Zeke MVS/Zeke Agent Job scheduler
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Railroad knowledge and experience
- Apache Hadoop ecosystem
Analyst Attitude Profile:
- Self-starter, responsible, professional, accountable
- A ‘finisher’, seeing a project or task through to completion in spite of challenges
- Strong team ethic and customer-support focus
- Ability to contribute knowledge by sharing business & technology skills with peers
- Good troubleshooting and problem-solving skills and instincts