Role: Software Engineer/Websphere Commerce Architect
Job Type: Full Time
Location: South Plainfield, NJ with 50% travel to client location.
- Architects the environments on both mainframe and mid-range servers to ensure optimal performance, stability,security, and scalability. Tunes production environments to ensure optimal stability and performance of the environment and its key components.
- Architects the development environment and frameworks to ensure a standard environment for application
development to include the selection and optimization of the associated development frameworks using emerging best technology solutions.
- Defines and configures the optimized data access model/approach to interact with DB2/UDB to ensure a high degree of stability and performance.
- Configures and optimizes key interfaces, such as messaging integration technology, including defining the nature and number of interfaces required.
- Researches, recommends, and designs the overall application development architecture and standards.
- Designs and configures a high performance directory and application access architecture centered on the
Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) standards.
- Designs and implements a high performance HTTP/HTTPS/HTML interface and caching architecture to ensure responsive application performance over both wired and wireless connections.
- Designs a high performance XML based set of interface standards for the exchange of data with external environments.
- Designs, implements, and supports the overall code development environment including the desktop developmentenvironment and tools. Architects the overall test environments including the associated code management and promotion processes.
- Architects high performance application development environments defining the tools and process necessary along with any standard frameworks, class libraries and interfaces. Develops high performance applications andcode, particularly in complex instances where high levels of stability, performance, and scalability are required.
- Participates in the evaluation and selection of key environment monitoring and troubleshooting tools. Serves as a key consultant to the application development teams in terms of compliance with the application architecture, code development practices, and specialist technical expertise.
- Extensive experience in information systems applications with five years of related working as a seniortechnology architect in a major company with a large IT organization
- Formal approach to IT architecture withleadership experience to include evaluation and selection of technology and its integration into a strategic architectural framework.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Computer Science
- WebSphere Application Server Certified, Websphere Portal Server Certified
- Experience with application and infrastructure architectures with particular emphasis on modern web application
- Deep technical domain expertise in both application and infrastructure architectures.
- Analytical thinking abilities with a proven record of complex technical problem solving and troubleshooting.
Strategic thinker in the area of web architecture design and implementation.
- Ability to balance complex and often conflicting demands in terms of the complexity, cost, stability, performance,and scalability of technical environments.
- Technical leadership and influencing skills.